Monday, October 4, 2010

Distractions


Well we're about 8 weeks into the school year here at Ball State University, and school is in full swing.  Lately I've been trying to cut down on the number of distractions in my life.  Whether it's TV, music, or the internet, something had to give.  So today I decided I would be giving up my Facebook account for a month or two.  From creating an account way back in June 2006, to yesterday, I have never really been too removed from the relm of Facebook.  But as many users know, Facebook poses an enormous hurdle that they must overcome when it comes to being productive.

Fun Fact: When you open a new page in Internet Explorer here at good ol' Bracken Library two seperate tabs pop up.  One is the online catalog for the library, which I'm fine with, but the other is Facebook.  You see, the library has a Facebook page so they try to drive students to it so they can get more fans.  Does anyone else see a problem here? The university is basically handing us the oppurtunity to become distracted.

So I've decided to kick Facebook out of my life.  Of course I will still maintain my blog and Twitter account.  But Facebook has been pushed to the wayside for now.  Hopefully in turn I will become more productive and the quality of my work will improve!

In other news, I've recently signed up for Amazon Associates.  It's a cool way I can make money on with my blog.  So each post I'm going to give you guys a link to a few CDs, or books I think you should check out on Amazon.  These are all links that I have chosen.  Buy it or don't buy it, it doesnt really affect me.

2 comments:

  1. Do you miss it yet? Did you see my blog post about Freedom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was going strong until today when I logged on and posted that I had put up a new blog post. But I'm still going to try to avoid getting on for the rest of the month. I just read it actually, I didn't know such things existed!

    ReplyDelete